Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The Silent Corner by Dean Koontz

The Silent Corner by Dean Koontz
 
by 

Aug 16, 2017 
it was amazing

First of all, shame on me for not realizing this was the start of a series.

Secondly, hooray, this is a series!!!!!!!!!

Now, I love me some Dean Koontz. This novel/series is a bit a departure for him - my favorite of his novels are the ones steeped in the paranormal. Here Koontz leans more towards science fiction, conspiracy, mystery and a bit of loyalty both to country and family. But, it works - mainly because of Jane.

A strong female lead in this type of novel is rare, so I thoroughly enjoyed this story with a main character that was brave and smart and alone and a GIRL. The story was confusing at first, just as Jane was confused by the sudden (I mean, like, in the middle of dinner) suicide of her loving and happy and stable husband. You share her fear, her tilted world, and her determination to find the truth. So Jane, who happens to be FBI, goes underground. She knows something is fishy here, but keeps hitting roadblocks. Spy novels of old, take note - the new future is here, but you can still go off the grid if you know what you are doing.

(And I loved the explanation for the title of the novel.  Well done.  It bothers me a bit when a title really has no meaning for the story.  But I digress.)

Stay with it  - the confusion starts to clear about half way through (yes, I guessed it but that was ok) and the action picks up tremendously. Jane gets some answers, but I did mention that this is a series, right? So more to come....I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment