Sunday, February 19, 2023

Blog update and questions

 Hello Friends,


Recently I learned that Google, who owns Blogspot, removed the widget from our platform that allows followers of said blog to receive an email each time I publish a post.  So, all the people who originally signed up to receive notifications via email think I am ghosting them or that I quit writing, as if (sorry, Mom's book club!).  I am currently posting all these reviews and no one knows about it unless I also post a link on social media.


Except for my eight favorite people - my Followers.


Now, I am no computer expert, just ask my poor kids.  So I have no idea what it means that I have 8 Followers except that I told 6 of those people how to press F for Follow.  I assumed that would mean they'd get notified to their gmail account (because it only allowed people with a Google account to actually follow the blog) when I posted a new review.


Not so much.


So today I finally figured out a way to re-instate a new email subscription widget, by borrowing the idea from a friend's blog and following some pretty basic steps (click here, now click here!).  Voila!  You can now, once again, sign up for email subscriptions with Rawles' Reads.


Of course, if you are reading this, you probably already did that.  If not, please spare me a moment and enter your email (any platform, not just Google!) in the neat little box at the top of the page. 


I am eternally grateful.  


Happy Reading,

Rawles


No comments:

Post a Comment