Friday, July 1, 2022

House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland

House of Hollow


Recommended by the (young) bookseller at Barnes and Noble, this horror fantasy left me wanting something more - not interested in a sequel, but just more in the story. (Although a PREQUEL could be interesting.....) I did not realize it was a horror book - it is more creepy than scary.  Three sisters disappear together and when they are later found, weeks later, they seem different.  They grow up, weird people out, and their dad KNOWS something is off.  What really happened to the girls?  Where'd they go?  Who took them?  Why is there a scar on their necks?  We do get the answers, I didn't like them, especially when flowers start growing in weird places.  Beauty is deceiving seemed to be the theme.  There is of course a twist which I did not see coming, and honestly the story kinda went downhill from there for me.  Good writing and Great character development - I loved Vivi and wanted more of her viewpoint at the end, she kinda faded out.  Very original and a super Dark story, disturbing and weird.  Courtney, you'd love it.  Mom, not so much.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment