Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Verity by Colleen Hoover

 Verity


This is a book I thought I should read.

Nope.

It was alright.  It was well written, tense, kinda twisty - but honestly nothing new.  Rebecca meets Who Is Maud Dixon, with a little bit of Evelyn Hugo thrown in because once again we have an author who is asked to finish the works of another author, and BAM we have a thriller because nothing is as it seems.

I kept waiting on the big reveal on this one.  Quite predictable and not surprising, but I will say I thought the big reveal would go another way to reveal another villain.  I liked how the book started, I liked the background of Lowen (and her name!) and the part about her agent seemed realistic.  But as soon as she moves into that house I just felt like this kinda fell apart.  Was she seeing things?  Is Verity who they think?  Who is lying and hiding their sins and what really happened to those girls?????

And this book has GRAPHIC SEX.  Luan, this one is for you.  Mom, not so much.  Haha.  It was not for me, I found it gross, especially in the presentation, which you understand more at the end.  The author says this dark story was a change for her.  It does not make me want to read others of hers.  Too many twists, and you could see the final tragedy coming.  And it did come, a little too conveniently.

Chronics, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment