Friday, January 21, 2022

Once Upon A Wardrobe by Patti Callahan

 Once Upon a Wardrobe


What a delightful read!!

A sister's gift to her dying little brother will change her in ways she cannot imagine.  Set in 1950, the year The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe was published, and containing imagined conversations and serious questions between a math and physics student and author CS Lewis, this story weaves so many themes I am not quite sure where to start with them all.  I even (gasp!) took notes in the margins in this book, and starred several quotes that made me stop and THINK.  I NEVER write in my books!!!! I think it best to leave this one to the readers.  It is a quick read, and will tug your heart and fill it at the same time.  Light in tone but with deep meaning, emotion and love, this book also has a most satisfying ending. Great for fans of her book Becoming Mrs. Lewis.

"Once upon a wardrobe, and not so very far away......"   Sigh.......  I think I see Mr. Tumnus now......    



No comments:

Post a Comment