Friday, October 8, 2021

The Huntress by Kate Quinn

The Huntress

This is one I listened to via audiobook.  Until recently, when I got a job with a 45 minute commute, I was not especially a fan of listening to a book.  I like to READ.  With my eyes, not my ears.  But I was listening to a podcast about books on my way to work, and she (Anne Bogel, What Should I Read Next) talked so much about audiobooks and gave me so many titles to add to my already overwhelming TBR that I thought, wait a minute, I should be using this time to get through some of these books!

Enter, The Huntress.

Performed by three different actors, this story is told in (take a guess!!) three perspectives:  Ian, British war correspondent who hunts Nazis; Nina, one of a group of Russian bomber pilots known as the Night Witches; and Jordan, a young photographer in current day Boston.

Say what?

Yep, stay with it.  The audiobook is long at 19 hours but oh so worth it.  The woman who reads Nina has such a good accent that I started whispering her Russian curses under my breath too.  The three characters are in three different time periods, but as the story progresses they begin to merge in a most unbelievable way.  Connections abound and the truth will out.  What is it that connects these most unalike lives?  Will each of them find what they are looking for?  Do they even know what they are truly seeking?


Kate Quinn is a reliable historical fiction author and has done it again with this novel.  Daring and different, this one was especially good on audio!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment