Saturday, April 21, 2018

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

I Let You Go


I didn't want to read this book, but Sally said so (she's my local bookstore owner).  So now I am saying so too - read it.  But don't read all those other reviews - just dive in.  You'll be glad you did.


I thought this book was about a little boy that is killed in a hit and run accident.  That's not really the case.  That does happen in the prologue, but THAT is not what this book is about.  This story is about Jenna - she's lost, she's alone, she's devastated by the accident.....and she has secrets she doesn't want to talk about.

This book is a bit slow to start, and spends too much time on Detective Ray's homelife (it is just not relevant and is unrelated to the main story).  However, the second half is much more fast paced and the story really picks up.  And I mean, the story itself will wallop you.

I listened to this one on Audible and the narrators were excellent.   I enjoyed the very British-ness of this novel and the idea that a village like Pinfach in Wales does still exist - a simpler time!!  And where a cup of tea can answer all questions - except what Jenna is hiding!

I really enjoyed this one - it was so much more than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment