Monday, November 9, 2020

The Fallen by David Baldacci

 


The Fallen by David Baldacci











One of my favorite writers and series (The Memory Man/Amos Decker series), but this offering was not as strong as the first three.  A timely topic indeed with the emphasis on the epidemic of drug use in our country and the existence of bad cops, and I did like putting Alex front and center in this story, with some background and family life from her side.  Still definitely worth a read; I always hate giving three stars even though that does mean I LIKED it, because it seems like I am being critical.  But, there are better Baldaccis out there and this one was just not the best in the series.  I still like Amos and his uncanny abilities, and we are given a hint in this installment that his lack of empathy towards others may be softening, as may his ability to remember every single detail (both conditions stemming from a TBI on the NFL football field years ago).  Looking forward to seeing how that twist on the entire premise of why Amos is such a good investigator holds forth in future installments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment