Thursday, February 20, 2020

Fleishman is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner





Fleishman Is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner






Note:  To read the entire review, please click on the link to my blog.  Thank you!!

Another reviewer summed it up for me:  "What a yawn."

Maybe because it was under edited.  Or that there is really no point.  Or that the ending, if you can call it that, didn't really end anything. Or that the narrator told us the ending the chapter prior.  Or that the narrator was unnecessary and obviously a plot point for the author to get stuff off her own chest that had nothing to do with the main story.  Or that Toby didn't get off his ass and LOOK FOR HIS WIFE.  Or that his wife was a sniveling social climber who never LISTENED TO HER HUSBAND or even tried to be a team.  Or that this book was so sexually explicit that it was distracting (gross, and I love Outlander, so I am not a prude).  Or that it made all single women seem like horndogs.  Or that the best part was the quotes on the workout tee shirts.  Or that it hit you over the head with its feminist "we can't really have it all and be liked, even by ourselves" drama .  Or or or or or.........

Or maybe I just hated that the author kept doing THAT.

I skimmed.  I read it because it was the only book I brought on the plane.  I read it because it was the buzz book.  When the perspective changed toward the end and we see what really happened to Rachel I thought, ok, here we go, maybe this is the good part.  Nope.  I will say the description of a breakdown was probably the truest part of the book, so there's that.  And maybe the title refers to Rachel.  So, two stars for that "twist."  If it is one, I am reaching here.  However, I would still NOT recommend this book.

This Book Is In Trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment