Monday, February 4, 2019

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides



This is a debut author to watch!!!

What a story!!  Well told - a murder mystery that unravels slowly.  Alicia is accused of killing her husband - no one knows why she would do it, or why she stopped talking altogether after the fact.  Greek tragedy much?  A Psychotherapist decides he is the one to unlock this mystery of why she is not talking, and gets a job at the facility where she lives.  The investigation he goes on is intriguing, intruding, and totally fascinating.  Many questions are answered, and many questions are raised, but I will say I loved the ending - not so much a shock as just really really well presented.  (Don't read it first!  ARRGGHHHH there should be immediate removal of books from people who do that.  Why read at all if you know the ending???  I literally am that reader that puts her hand over the right hand side of the page to keep myself from reading ahead.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and when I forget to cover it up I hate it! It is like opening Christmas presents on December 20th!!!  HAHA!)

Very Good read.  This was my first Book of the Month club choice (got it as a gift) - impressed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment