Thursday, May 18, 2017

Welcome to my blog

I like to read.

A lot.

And I like lists.  Also a lot.

And I like for others to find good books to read, so they can read too.  This blog will be my List of Books.  LoB.  I will lob them out to you for you to catch and lob back!! (ugh, my mother played a lot of tennis, sorry.) I won't be giving a lot of synopses here in this blog, you can find that at Goodreads or Amazon or on the book flap - which is really my dream job, I mean who gets to write those fabulous things???  I need a dictionary half the time just for the flap!  But I digress.

What you'll find here are my reactions to books and the stories they tell.  I will also include trigger warnings when I think it might be an issue, and specific warnings/info to parents on the YA books I review.  It's important.  I like lyrical writing, great character development, attention to detail, and if you can surprise me with the plot then all the better! I read lots of different books, but not much non-fiction. No self help for me, I just dive into a book whenever I need to reset!   I learn enough through my favorite genre: historical fiction.  Then there's young adult fiction, mysteries, and a bit of supernatural.

You'll start to see the trend pretty quickly!! I might read a bit of science fiction here and there, but mainly stick to the best seller list and whatever my local bookseller, Sally, tells me to read.  And if you don't know your local bookseller by first name, then go take care of that right now!

Otherwise, I am a mom of teenage readers, the daughter and granddaughter of avid readers and teachers, the wife of a wise Brit, and the caretaker of a little white fluffball (ie, dang dog whose nickname is It's a Good Thing You're So Cute).  My neighborhood bookclub has been going strong for 12 years, and I was in a book club for a few years in my previous town before that.  Wait, I am starting to age myself.  Oh well.  My book selections probably do that too!!

I can talk books all day long.  So in order to save my family and friends from that fate, I will pour out my reviews and recommendations here for you to peruse at your leisure.  In between reading books, of course.

Happy Reading!
Rawles

No comments:

Post a Comment